Questions for Your Doctor About Clinical Trials
For more information on clinical trials at Fox Chase Cancer Center, or to find a study, call
The Resource and Education Center
Types of Cancer
Find information about cancer types and their treatments.
Read more »
Ask How Cancer Research May Apply to You
Before you volunteer to participate in a clinical trial, you may want to ask your doctor questions about the study and your treatment. Some suggestions include:
- What are you trying to learn from the study?
- What do doctors know already about the cancer treatments being studied?
- What treatments and tests will I get during this clinical trial?
- Who will be in charge of my care during the study?
- What are the differences between what I would get on this treatment and the standard treatment you would recommend?
- What are the benefits and risks?
- How will this clinical trial affect my daily life?
- How long will the study last?
- What will I be asked to pay?
- How will I know if the study was successful?
For more information about clinical trials at Fox Chase Cancer Center or to find a study, call 1-888-FOX CHASE (1-888-369-2427).