Prostate Cancer Clinical Trials
Topics in This Section
Request your first appointment online. For appointments or more information call 888-FOX-CHASE to see a prostate cancer specialist
Connect with a cancer education specialist for answers to your cancer-related questions.
Find a Clinical Trial
Benefit from new cancer treatments
Read more »
Clinical Research Allows Doctors to Offer the Latest Treatments-Now
Unique IMRT Protocols now offered at Fox Chase:
For information call:
Clinical trials, sometimes called research protocols, are studies that evaluate the effectiveness of new treatments. At Fox Chase Cancer Center, our physicians and researchers strive to improve standard treatment by making new treatments available to our patients.
There are different types of cancer clinical trials. They include:
- Treatment trials to test new therapies or technologies in people who have cancer or to compare new, promising treatment to standard established treatment;
- Trials designed to prevent a new type of cancer from developing in people who have had cancer;
- Early detection trials to find cancer, especially in its early stages;
- Studies to improve comfort and quality of life for people who have cancer;
- Studies to evaluate ways of modifying cancer-causing behaviors, such as tobacco use.
Depending on what is being studied, a particular clinical trial may involve patients with cancer or people who do not have cancer but are at a higher than average risk of developing it. If you take part in a clinical trial, you may benefit from a new drug, procedure, or symptom-control method while helping scientists evaluate its effectiveness. Your participation may also contribute directly to finding better ways to prevent, detect, or treat the disease. Many of today's most effective interventions are the direct result of knowledge gained through clinical trials.
Additional information about prostate cancer clinical trials is available from the National Cancer Institute
For more information about prostate cancer treatment and prevention at Fox Chase Cancer Center or to make an appointment, call 1-888-FOX CHASE (1-888-369-2427).