FCCC Program Consulting
Share the Fox Chase team's experience.
Read more »
A Century of Excellence
Discover the history of one of the nation's first cancer hospitals.
Read more »
Elaine Sein, RN, BSN, OCN, CBCN
Senior Project Manager
Fox Chase Cancer Center Partners
Elaine has more than 30 years of oncology nursing experience at Fox Chase Cancer Center. She is a consultant to Fox Chase Cancer Center (FCCC) Partner institutions to support the oncology service line through program planning and development, education, research, assistance with accreditation processes and development of care management processes to promote high quality, efficient oncology care. Elaine serves on the advisory board for the Academy of Oncology Nurse Navigators and the leadership team for the Pennsylvania Patient Navigation Network. She serves on the Oncology Nursing Society Project Teams regarding Nurse Sensitive Patient Outcomes related to breast cancer management.
Thomas Jefferson University School of Nursing
BSN, Nursing, Maxima cum Laude, LaSalle University, Philadelphia, PA
Oncology Nursing Society
Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation
Academy of Oncology Nurse Navigators
Pennsylvania Patient Navigation Network
Sigma Theta Tau, International
Oncology Certified Nurse, Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation 1989-present
Certified Breast Cancer Nurse, Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation 2009-present
2009 Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation Pearl Moore Certification Champion Award
American Oncologic Hospital Benefactors Award
Areas of special interest include disease management program planning, nurse navigation program development, breast cancer care and cancer genetics for the high-risk population. Coordinator of the FCCC Partner Nurse Navigator group.
- Sein, E. (2011). Building breast centers of excellence through patient navigation and care coordination. In S.M. Mahon, Site Specific Cancer Series Breast Cancer (2nd ed., pp213-229).Pittsburgh: Oncology Nursing Society.
- Sein, E. Patient navigation becomes new standard for cancer program accreditation. Journal of Oncology Navigation and Survivorship. Vol.2 Issue 2 April 2011.pg.22-23.
- Sein, E. Update on ONS Initiative on Nurse Sensitive Quality Indicators for Breast Cancer. Oncology Nursing Society Breast Care Special Interest Group Newsletter. Vol 6 Issue 3 September 2010.
- Keeley, P., Sein, E., Miller, B., Vlahakis, P., Franke, M., Masny, A., Brown, L. Fox Chase Cancer Center Partners Breast Care Coordinator/Navigator Orientation Manual. Fox Chase Cancer Center publication December 2009.
- M. A. O'Grady, E. Gitelson, R. F. Swaby, L. J. Goldstein, E. Sein, P. Keeley, B. Miller, T. Li, A. Weinstein and S. J. Cohen. Development and Implementation of a Medical Oncology Quality Improvement Tool for a Regional Community Oncology Network: The Fox Chase Cancer Center Partners Initiative. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, 5:(9) 875-882.
- Sein, E. Breast Care Certification-We Are On Our Way. Oncology Nursing Society Breast Care Special Interest Group Newsletter. Vol 3 Issue 3 December 2007.
- Daly, M., Masny, A., Stearman, B., Mazzoni, S., Sein, E. How to Establish a High Risk Cancer Genetics Clinic. Journal of Current Oncology Reports, 2005; 7:469-474.
- Sein, E., Mazzoni, S., Masny, A., Stearman, B. Process Evaluation of Community-based Risk Assessment Programs. Oncology Issues, Vol.19 No.6 November/December 2004.