Orientation and Training
Art a la Cart Volunteer
Complete the Application Form [PDF]
Volunteer Orientation Program
At the comprehensive orientation program, you will:
- Learn about the history and mission of Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Receive critical information about Fire Safety, Security, Patient Confidentiality, plus Infection Control Education, and information about the Talbot Library and Cancer Information Services
- Schedule a placement interview to discuss volunteer opportunities that are of interest to you
At the placement interview, you will:
- Have an opportunity to speak with the Director of Volunteer Services regarding your interest in volunteering at Fox Chase.
- Learn about the details related to your prospective volunteer placement.
- Read and sign
- the FCCC Volunteer Department Statement of Confidentiality
- the FCCC Volunteer Rights and Responsibilities.
- Receive documentation for reporting your immunization records (MMR, Tetanus, Chicken Pox, Hepatitis B, Tuberculin skin test and BCG vaccine).
- Discuss the starting procedure for your volunteer placement.
- Arrange a time to complete HIPAA Compliance training.
(More on Requirements)
Training for Your Position
Each volunteer placement has a distinct training procedure. Depending upon your particular placement in a department, you will receive additional orientation and training from a specific staff member in that department. Some placements require you to “shadow” a senior volunteer who has been trained as a volunteer trainer. This volunteer will guide you as you learn the critical elements of the volunteer position.
The Final Step
The final step is to ensure that all these required documents and steps have been completed before you begin your volunteering. At that time, you will be given a start date to begin your training.
These procedures are in place to ensure a safe and healthy environment for our patients, staff members, and guests.
Please call the Department of Volunteer Services at 215-728-2804 if you have any questions or email us at VolunteerServices@fccc.edu.