The Research Laboratory of the Cancer Genome Institute is at the forefront of cancer genomics, employing state-of-the-art technology to provide comprehensive genetic sequencing services.
Investigators requiring sequencing services for research experiments can utilize the expertise of the CGI Research Laboratory, which provides a wide variety of next-generation sequencing services including but not limited to:
- Whole genome sequencing
- Whole exome sequencing
- Whole transcriptome analysis (RNA-Seq)
- High-throughput targeted resequencing
- Epigenetic analysis, including digital restriction enzyme analysis of methylation (DREAM)
The Laboratory uses the Illumina HiSeq 2000, a powerful next-generation sequencing instrument that provides high sequencing output and fast data generation. In a single run, the machine is capable of sequencing more than 5 human genomes at about 30 times coverage simultaneously, up to 192 gene expression samples, or 100 exome samples.
- 100-Bp paired end reads
- 2 billion reads per run
- 600-Gb raw sequence data per two-flowcell run
- 200-fold human genomes per run
Our staff has expertise in all technical aspects of the aforementioned genomic services using the Illumina platform. Our Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Facility, which has a combined 125 years of experience at Fox Chase, supports the analysis of sequencing data with a 70 node high-performance computing cluster and scalable data storage.
- Whole exome sequence analysis of serous borderline tumors of the ovary
Gynecol Oncol. 2013 Jun 14. pii: S0090-8258(13)00840-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ygyno.2013.06.007. [Epub ahead of print]
- CD45-deficient severe combined immunodeficiency caused by uniparental disomy
- Germline BAP1 mutations predispose to malignant mesothelioma
- Contains Cancer Genome Institute-generated data
For more information, please call 1-888-FOX-CHASE (1-888-369-2427) to make an appointment with a Fox Chase physician. Read More »
Clinical Genetics and the Evolution of Precision Medicine
A Lecture by Jeff Boyd, PhD,
Cancer Genome Institute
From the early days of genome research to the next steps, Dr. Boyd explores Fox Chase's role in reaching the future.
See the video (58 min.).
Download the slides
(PDF, 4.76 MB)
Risk Assessment at Fox Chase
Learning what you can do to lower your chances of getting cancer.
Read more »
Find a Clinical Trial
Benefit from new cancer treatments
Read more »