Topics in This Section
Patient and Family Support
Find the help you need beyond medical treatment.
Read more »
From your pre-admission to your care.
Read more »
Our oncology nurses are trained to meet the highest standard of clinical competence while providing compassionate care. Continuing education keeps them up-to-date on the latest advances in cancer care.
Fox Chase is nationally recognized for excellence in nursing care as a recipient of the . This is the highest honor of the American Nurses Credentialing Center for patient care.
At Fox Chase, we have a high nurse-to-patient ratio, so nurses have more time to attend to your needs and provide patient and family education. Here are some of the nurses you may meet:
- Your outpatient nurse is responsible for your nursing care during and between doctor visits. Your nurse works closely with your Fox Chase physicians and is an excellent resource for information about Fox Chase services
- Your inpatient nurse is responsible for your inpatient nursing care from hospital admission to discharge.
- Your case manager eases your transition from hospital care to home care or rehab facility by helping develop a comprehensive plan to meet your specific needs.
- Your clinical nurse specialist has a Master’s degree in nursing and provides highly skilled nursing services to inpatients and outpatients. This nurse serves as a resource to help other nurses solve complex problems.
- Your nurse practitioner assists the doctor to examine you, and assess and manage your treatment plan.
Reach a Nurse Navigator at 888-FOX-CHASE
When faced with a cancer diagnosis, patients deal with a whole host of issues—emotional, logistical, financial—making it difficult to focus on their treatment and return to health. The Fox Chase Cancer Center Nurse Navigators are clinically trained individuals responsible for the identification and removal of barriers to timely and appropriate cancer treatment.More