Topics in This Section
All you need to know before returning to Fox Chase
Read more »
Preparing for Procedures
Plan ahead with your physician team.
Read more »
- A Patient's Guide to Conformal Radiation Therapy
- Your Resource Guide to Health Literacy [PDF 1.16MB]
- Your Resource Guide to Patient Navigation [PDF 1.81MB]
- Diet and Your Health Alert [PDF]
- Exercise and Health Alert [PDF]
- Hormones and Health Alert [PDF]
- Men's Health Alert
- Prevention Matters: A Newsletter for Family Risk Assessment Program Participants
- Prime Health Alert [PDF]
- Women's Health Alert [PDF]
A sampling of accomplishments of the Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) include:
- Orientation - Incorporating principles of patient- and family-centered care into monthly orientation for new employees and volunteers.
- Provided input for the Inpatient Handbook - Patient Family Advisory Council members critiqued the booklet and provided pointers and recommendations regarding content and usability during development of a handbook.
- Co-Presenter at Nursing Education Sessions - PFAC members provided in-services to the nursing staff on the concept of PFCC. They will host bi-annual in-services to this staff.
- Co-Presenter and Medical Staff Education Sessions - PFAC members provided in-services to the nursing staff on the concept of PFCC. They will host bi-annual in-services to this staff.
- Board of Directors Committee - Patient Family Advisory Council presented goals and objectives to Fox Chase Cancer Center Board of Directors. The "Council" reports directly to the board yearly.
- Conducted Walkabout Activity with Health Literacy Committee members- PFAC teamed up with a staff person from our Health Literacy Committee and conducted a "Walkabout" exercise. This exercise is intended to identify health literacy barriers that may exist in the physical environment of Fox Chase and could interfere with a patient's ability to navigate the facility.
- Provided Input of the new Survivor Button for patients
- Website- Patient and Family Advisory Council members were instrumental in creating and developing the new PFAC website.
- Breast Navigation website - Patient and Family Council members provided input for patient and family-friendly navigation and terminology
- Volunteering in "patient navigator" program to escort and provide directions to patients and visitors throughout the Cancer Center
- Advisor input and participation on various hospital committees and meetings
- Created a Video on the concept of PFCC at FCCC
Patient and Family Quick Links
- Your First Appointment
- Returning Patients
- Find a Doctor
- Preparing for Procedures
- Patient and Family Support
- Resource and Education Center
- EPEC Committee
- PFAC Committee
- Patient Safety Committee
- Medical Ethics Committee
- Community Advisor Council
- Health Literacy Committee
The Patient and Family Advisory Council is also developing a variety of initiatives, Including:
- Incorporating principles of patient- and family-centered care into orientation for new employees and volunteers;
- Teaching about patient and family centered care in the Combined Experienced Nurse Orientation for RN's and LPN's;
- Incorporating principles of patient- and family- centered care into the code of conduct job descriptions, and behavioral expectations to be used to evaluate staff;
- Implementing changes in medical staff/nursing education to include patient and family centered care in the curriculum and to include patient/family advisors as family faculty.
- Ways to create partnerships between professionals and patient/family advisors.
- Monthly Recruitment/Hospitality Tea Hour- Beginning in the fall Patient and Family Council Members participate in monthly informal staff afternoon tea sessions to promote PFAC program.