Topics in This Section
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Theresa Brown, CRNP, OCN
- Barbara Cunningham, MSN, CRNP
- Donna Edmondson, MSN, CRNP, OCN
- Kristen Kreamer, CRNP, MSN, AOCN, APRN-BC
- Karon Martyn, MSN, ANP-BC, AOCNP
- Agnes Masny, RN, MPH, MSN, CRNP
- Ann Pellegrino, CRNP, MSN
- Susan Roethke, CRNP, MSN, AOCN, ANP-BC
- Barbara Rogers, CRNP, MN, AOCN, ANP-BC
- Sharon Schwartz, CRNP, MSN, WHCNP
- Jill Anne Seely, RN, MSN, CRNP
- Linda Sesa, MSN, CRNP, AOCNP
- Kathleen J. Smith, MSN, ANP-BC, OCN
- Kathryn Tumelty, MSN, AOCNP
- Colleen Turrisi, RN, MSN, AOCNP, CRNP
- Donna Ward, MSN, CRNP
- Pathologists' Assistants
A nurse practitioner is a registered nurse with a master’s degree who practices with a collaborating physician.
Barbara Cunningham, MSN, CRNP,
Breast Cancer Surgical Oncology
Kathleen J. Smith, MSN, ANP-BC, OCN,
Breast Service Line
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners, otherwise known as CRNPs, are a vital part of the patient care team at Fox Chase. These specially trained nurses are clinical oncology experts who care for patients before, during and after treatment.
Nurse practitioners may also perform research, consultation and education, as well as develop systems to meet community health needs.
As a patient advocate, the nurse practitioner's primary focus is on the individual patient, however nurse practitioners also provide family support.
Nurse Practitioners at Fox Chase Cancer Center are responsible for:
- Taking medical histories and performing health assessments
- Examining and treating patients
- Ordering and interpreting laboratory (diagnostic) tests and x-rays
- Recording symptoms and progress on patient charts
- Instructing and counseling patients and their family members
- Prescribing certain medications
- Monitoring all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity
- Ordering and/or administering treatment (therapy) and medications
- Developing and managing nursing care plans
- Teaching patients and caregivers how to regain independence
For more information about nurse practitioners at Fox Chase, contact the nursing department or call 215-728-2570.