Sujana Movva, MD
Fox Chase Cancer Center
333 Cottman Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19111-2497
Sujana Movva, MD
Meet other members of the
sarcoma treatment team,
American Board of Internal Medicine;
American Board of Medical Oncology
I decided to join Fox Chase Cancer Center because of the expertise in the field of sarcoma and the institution’s dedication to cancer care. I continue to be impressed by the passion toward this mission exhibited by every employee here.
Patients with sarcomas are usually otherwise healthy and young – therefore I think that it is of utmost importance to find new drugs for this disease. My interest in clinical research includes finding new agents for patients with sarcoma and melanoma and trying to figure out why certain patients respond to treatments and others don’t.
A cancer diagnosis is a life changing event. I think it is important for patients to feel confidant in the care they are receiving. I hope that my patients always feel that they are important and that the relationship allows them to maintain hope and control during this time in their life.
MD, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada, 2003
Residency in Internal Medicine, Michigan State University, Mclaren Regional Medical Center, Flint, MI, 2004-2007
Fellowship in Hematology Oncology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, 2007-2010
American Society of Clinical Oncology;
Connective Tissue Oncology Society
Drug development, Biomarkers, Sarcoma
Dr. Movva on My NCBI
- Norberg SM, Movva S. Role of genetic and molecular profiling in sarcomas. Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2015 May;16(5):339. doi: 10.1007/s11864-015-0339-3. PubMed PMID: 25939540.
- Movva S, Wen W, Chen W, Millis SZ, Gatalica Z, Reddy S, von Mehren M, Van Tine BA. Multi-platform profiling of over 2000 sarcomas: Identification of biomarkers and novel therapeutic targets. Oncotarget. 2015 Mar 26. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 25906748.
- Verschraegen CF, Movva S, Ji Y, Schmit B, Quinn RH, Liem B, Bocklage T, Shaheen M. A phase I study of the combination of temsirolimus with irinotecan for metastatic sarcoma. Cancers (Basel). 2013 Apr 11;5(2):418-29. doi: 10.3390/cancers5020418. PubMed PMID: 24216984; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3730334.
- Cardona K, Movva S. Issues in the management of high-risk localized sarcomas. Curr Probl Cancer. 2013 Mar-Apr;37(2):62-73. doi: 10.1016/j.currproblcancer.2013.03.002. PubMed PMID: 23719331.
- Cardona K, Williams R, Movva S. Multimodality therapy for advanced or metastatic sarcoma. Curr Probl Cancer. 2013 Mar-Apr;37(2):74-86. doi: 10.1016/j.currproblcancer.2013.03.003. Review. PubMed PMID: 23719332.
- Movva S. Emerging therapies for sarcoma. Curr Probl Cancer. 2013 Mar-Apr;37(2):87-101. doi: 10.1016/j.currproblcancer.2013.03.004. Review. PubMed PMID: 23719333.
- Verschraegen CF, Arias-Pulido H, Lee SJ, Movva S, Cerilli LA, Eberhardt S, Schmit B, Quinn R, Muller CY, Rabinowitz I, Purdy M, Snyder D, Bocklage T. Phase IB study of the combination of docetaxel, gemcitabine, and bevacizumab in patients with advanced or recurrent soft tissue sarcoma: the Axtell regimen. Ann Oncol. 2012 Mar;23(3):785-90. doi: 10.1093/annonc/mdr299. Epub 2011 Jul 11. PubMed PMID: 21746804.
- Movva S, Verschraegen C. Systemic management strategies for metastatic soft tissue sarcoma. Drugs. 2011 Nov 12;71(16):2115-29. doi: 10.2165/11594500-000000000-00000. Review. PubMed PMID: 22035513.
- Movva S, Verschraegen CF, Rabinowitz I, Mangalik A, Parks V, Lee FC. Phase I dose finding study of carboplatin, paclitaxel, and temozolomide in advanced solid tumors. Melanoma Res. 2011 Feb;21(1):76-9. doi: 10.1097/CMR.0b013e32833d3293. PubMed PMID: 21169871.
- Movva S, Verschraegen C. The monoclonal antibody to cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen 4, ipilimumab (MDX-010), a novel treatment strategy in cancer management. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2009 Feb;9(2):231-41. doi: 10.1517/14712590802643347 . Review. PubMed PMID: 19236253.