Jeffrey D. Thorley, MD
American Board of Internal Medicine,
Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases and Geriatrics
I have been taking care of hospital patients for over 40 years and believe my combination of experience and training should be helpful in continuing the excellent care for which Fox Chase is known. I am committed to good communication with patients, physicans, and other health care providers to assist in patient care. In my specialty, attention to detail is very important.
I appreciate the opportunity to help patients in the hospital with their recovery. They need special monitoring and careful therapy. I find it both challenging and very rewarding.
MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York City, NY, 1969
Resident in Medicine, Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas , TX, 1972;
Internship and medical residency, University of New Mexico hospitals, 1969-1971
Fellow in Infectious Diseases, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX, 1974
Honors and Awards
Physicians Recognition Award, A.M.A. 2007;
America's Top Physicians 2005-2006;
Golden Apple Award, U.T.M.B. 1976
Human immune processes and their role in protecting us from infectious agents
- Barbin, G.K., Thorley, J.D., Reinarz, J.A. Simplified Microscopy
for Rapid Detection of Significant Bacteriuria in Random Urine
Specimens J Clin Micro 7:286-291; 1978
- Thorley, J.D., Barbin, G.K., Reinarz, J.A. The Prevalence of
Antibody-coated Bacteria in Urine. Am J Med kSci 275:75-80;
- Thorley, J.D., Reinarz, J.A. Effect of Antiobiotic Administration
Upon Catherter-associated Bacteriuria. Am Soc Micro 28:47;
- Thorley, J.D., Smith, J.W., Luby, J.P., Sanford, J.P. Peripheral
Blood Lymphocyte Response to Acute Infections in Humans.
Inf and Imm 16:110-114; 1977
- Thorley, J.D. Urinary Tract Infections. Cont Ed July, 1976
- Thorley, J.D. Screening and Localization of Bacteriuria.
Inf Cont in Urol Care 16-18, 1976
- Thorley, J.D., Holmes, R.K., Kaplan, J.M., McCracken, G.H.,
Sanford, J.P. Passive Transfer of Antibodies of Maternal Origin
from Blood to Cerebrospinal Fluid in Infants. Lancet 651-657,
Mar 22, 1975
- Thorley, J.D. Tetanus and Diphtheria Antitoxin Levels
Following a Hospital-based Adult Immunization Program.
Am J Epidem 101:438-443, 1975
- Thorley, J.D., Jones, S.R., Sanford, J.P. Perinephric Abscess.
Med 53:441-451, 1974
- Thorley, J.D., Graham, J.R. The Fragmented Patient. Rocky
Mount Med J 68:43-49, 1971
- Thorley, J.D., Warburton, D., Miller, O.J. Absence of Somatic
Pairing of Sex Chromatin Masses (Inactivated X
Chromosomes) in Cultured Cells from a Human XXXXY
Male. Exp Cell Res 47:663-665, 1967