Cynthia A Bergman, MD, FACOG
Fox Chase Cancer Center
333 Cottman Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19111
Follow on Twitter: @FCCCSurgOnc
- Judee Bushko - Gynecologic Malignancies Patient Stories
- Robin Luber - Breast Cancer Patient Stories, Clinical-Trials Patient Stories
- Karen Mason - Ovarian Cancer Patient Stories
- Nancy McGarvey - Breast Cancer Patient Stories, Thyroid Cancer Patient Stories
- Linda Stockman-Vines - Breast Cancer Patient Stories, Risk Assessment Program Breast Cancer Patient Stories, Risk Assessment Program Patient Stories
- Judy Tomarchio - Leiomyosarcoma Patient Stories
- Marion Utain - Clinical-Trials Patient Stories, Breast Cancer Patient Stories, Triple Negative Breast Cancer
Attending Surgeon, Gynecologic Oncology
Meet other members of the gynecological cancer treatment team.
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology;
Gynecologic Oncology, Board Certified
One reason I chose to work at Fox Chase is because we only offer surgery when there is a well-defined expected benefit. We have the best tools available to accurately assess complex gynecologic conditions and as a multispecialty center, we can handle unexpected findings as well. And, we have the latest technology to perform surgery. This results in better outcomes for my patients.
I like to offer my patients options rather than dictating one treatment approach. My mother had breast cancer, which has given me better insight into the issues facing my patients. As the mother of 3, I have a broad life perspective for this field. And I realize that my patients don't always understand the medical information being presented to them. I take the time to translate the information so they can understand the terminology. This helps them in the decision-making process.
Georgetown University, 1989, Wash., DC
Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, Ill.