Wen-Chi Chang, PhD
Assistant Research Professor
Office Phone: 215-728-5368
- Chang W-C, Zenser TV, Cooper HS, Clapper ML. Differential response of flat and polypoid colitis-associated colorectal neoplasias to chemopreventive agents and heterocyclic amines. Cancer Letters 2013;334:62-8.
- Lubet RA, Clapper ML, McCormick DL, Pereira MA, Chang W-CL, Steele VE, Fischer SM, Juliana MM, Grubbs CJ. Chemopreventive efficacy of Targretin in rodent models of urinary bladder, colon/intestine, head and neck and mammary cancers. Oncology Reports 2012;27:1400-06.
- Clapper ML, Hensley HH, Chang W-CL, Devarajan K, Nguyen MT, Cooper HS. Detection of colorectal adenomas using a bioactivatable probe specific for matrix metalloproteinase activity. Neoplasia 2011;13:685-91. Foreman JE, Chang W-CL, Palkar PS, Zhu B, Borland MG, Williams JL, Kramer LR, Clapper ML, Gonzalez FJ, Peters JM. Functional characterization of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-β/δ expression in colon cancer. Mol Carcinog. 2011; 50:884-900.
- Hensley HH, Merkel CE, W-CL Chang, K Devarajan, HS Cooper and ML Clapper. Endoscopic imaging and size estimation of colorectal adenomas in the Multiple Intestinal Neoplasia mouse. Gastrointest Endosc. 2009;69(3)Suppl:742-9.
- Clapper ML, Gary MA, Coudry RA, Litwin S, Chang W-CL, Devarajan K, Lubet RA Cooper HS. 5 aminosalicylic acid inhibits colitis-associated colorectal dysplasias in the mouse model of azoxymethane/dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2008;14:1341-7.
- Clapper ML, Cooper HS, Chang W-CL. Dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis-associated neoplasia – A promising model for the development of chemopreventive interventions. In: Molecular Targets, Biomarkers and Animal Models for Anti-Cancer Pharmacological Research: Potentials and Challenges from Chemoprevention to Chemotherapeutics. A.N.T. Kong (ed.). Acta Pharmacol. Sin., 28:1450-1459, 2007.
- Chang W-CL, Coudry RA, Clapper ML, Zhang X, Williams K, Spittle CS, Li T, Cooper HS. Loss of p53 enhances the induction of colitis-associated neoplasia by dextran sulfate sodium. Carcinogenesis. 2007;28:2375-81.
- Wong Y-N, Chang W-C, Clapper M, Engstrom PF. Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer. In: Colorectal Cancer: Evidence-Based Chemotherapy Strategies. L.B. Saltz (ed.). Humana Press Inc., Totowa, NJ, pp. 33-49, 2006.
- Chang W-CL, Everley LC, Pfeiffer II, GR, Cooper HS, Barusevicius A, Clapper ML. Sulindac sulfone is most effective in modulating β-catenin-mediated transcription in cells with mutant APC. Ann NY Acad Sci. 2005 Nov;1059:41-55.
- Cooper HS, Chang W-C, Coudry R, Gary M, Everley L, Wang H, Litwin S, Clapper ML. Generation of a unique strain of multiple intestinal neoplasia (Apc+/Min-FCCC) mice with significantly increased numbers of colorectal adenomas. Mol Carcinog. 2005 Sep;44(1):31-41.
- Lakshmi VM, Clapper ML, Chang W-C, Zenser TV. Hemin potentiates nitric oxide-mediated nitrosation of 2-amino-3-methylimidazo[4,5-f]quinoline to 2 nitrosoamino-3-methylimidazo[4,5-f]quinoline. Chem Res Toxicol. 2005;18:528-35.
- Clapper ML, Coudry J, Chang W-CL. β-catenin-mediated signaling: A molecular target for early chemopreventive intervention. Mutat Res. 2004;555:97-105.
- Hensley HH, Chang W-C, Clapper ML. Detection and volume determination of colonic tumors in Min mice by magnetic resonance micro-imaging. Magn Reson Med. 2004;52:524-9.
- Xu M, Floyd HS, Greth SM, Chang W-CL, Lohman K, Stoyanova R, Kucera GL, Kute TE, Willingham MC, Miller MS. Perillyl alcohol-mediated inhibition of lung cancer cell line proliferation: potential mechanisms for its chemotherapeutic effects. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2004;195:232-46.
- Cooper HS, Everley L, Chang W-C, Pfeiffer G, Lee B, Murthy S Clapper ML. The role of mutant Apc in the development of dysplasia and cancer in the mouse model of dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis. Gastroenterology. 2001;121:1407-16.
- Hong MY, Chapkin RS, Morris JS, Wang N, Carroll RJ, Turner ND, Chang W-C, Davidson LA, Lupton JR. Anatomical site-specific response to DNA damage is related to later tumor development in the rat azoxymethane colon carcinogenesis model. Carcinogenesis. 2001;22:1831-5.
- Clapper ML, Chang W-C L, Meropol NJ. Chemoprevention of colorectal cancer. Current Opinion in Oncology. 2001;13:307-13.
- Davidson LA, Brown RE, Chang W-C L, Morris JS, Wang N, Carroll RJ, Turner ND, Lupton JR, Chapkin RS. Morphodensitometric analysis of protein kinase C beta(II) expression in rat colon: modulation by diet and relation to in situ cell proliferation and apoptosis. Carcinogenesis. 2000;21:1513-9.
- Lupton JR, Chang W-C L, Hong MY, Chapkin RS. Fat/fiber interactions on colonic cytokinetics: relationship to colon cancer. Asia Pacific J Clin Nutr. 1999;8:S37-40.
- Lupton JR, Chang W-C L, Hong MY, Chapkin RS. Diet effects on apoptosis during colon carcinogenesis. Ann Acad Stud. 1998;37-40.
- Chang W-C L, Chapkin RS, Lupton JR. Fish oil blocks azoxymethane-induced tumorigenesis by increased cell differentiation and apoptosis rather than decreased cell proliferation. J Nutr. 1998;128:491-7.
- Chang W-C L, Chapkin RS, Lupton JR. Predictive value of proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis as intermediate markers for colon tumorigenesis. Carcinogenesis. 1997;18:721-30.
- Hong MY, Chang W-C L, Chapkin RS, Lupton JR. Relationship among colonocyte proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis as a function of diet and carcinogen. Nutr Cancer. 1997;28:20-9.
- Jiang Y-H, Lupton JR, Chang W-C L, Jolly CA, Aukema HM, Chapkin RS. Dietary fat and fiber differentially alter intracellular second messengers during tumor development in rat colon. Carcinogenesis. 1996;17:1227-33.
- Lupton JR, Steinbach G, Chang W-C, O'Brien BC, Wiese S, Stoltzfus CL, Wargovich MJ, McPherson RS, Winn RJ. Calcium supplementation modifies the relative amounts of bile acids in bile and affects key aspects of colon physiology. J Nutr. 1996;126:1421-8.
- Davidson LA, Lupton JR, Jiang Y-H, Chang WC, Aukema HM, Chapkin RS. Diet induced alteration of rat colon protein kinase C isozyme expression. J Nutr. 1995;125:49-56.
- Aukema HA, Davidson LA, Chang W-C, Lupton JR, Derr JN, Chapkin RS. Dietary modulation of rat colonic cAMP-dependent protein kinase activity. Biochimica et Biophysical Acta. 1994;1224:51-60.
- Chang W-C, Lupton JR, W. Frφlich GL, Schoeffler ML. Peterson, Chen X-Q. A very low intake of fat is required to decrease fecal bile acid concentrations in rats. J Nutr. 1994;124:181-7.