Brian L Egleston, MPP, PhD
Member & Associate Research Professor
Office Phone: 215-214-3917
- Development of methodology for causal inference, accounting for missing data, and investigating the effects of survey response fatigue.
- Application of state of the art approaches including hierarchical Bayesian, propensity score, competing risk, cost effectiveness, and latent variable methods.
Fox Chase Programs
- Egleston, B.L., Pedraza, O., Wong,Y.N., Dunbrack, R.L., Jr., Griffin, C.L., Ross, E.A., Beck, J.R. Characteristics of clinical trials that require participants to be fluent in English. Clin Trials. 2015 pii: 1740774515592881. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 26152834
- Egleston BL, Uzzo RG, Beck JR, Wong Y. A Simple Method for Evaluating Within-Sample Prognostic Balance Achieved by Published Comorbidity Summary Measures. Health Serv Res Health Serv Res. 2015 Aug;50(4):1179-94. doi: 10.1111/1475-6773.12276. PMID: 25523400
- Austin, S.R., Wong, Y.N., Uzzo, R.G., Beck, J.R., Egleston, B.L. Why summary measures such as the Charlson Comorbidity Index and Elixhauser Score work. Medical Care 2013; in press. PMID: 23703645
- Egleston BL. Comment on Imai K, Tingley D, Yamamoto T. Experimental designs for identifying causal mechanisms. J. R. Statist. Soc. A 2013; 176(1):35-36.
- Bleicher RJ, Ruth K, Sigurdson ER, Ross E, Wong YN, Patel SA, Boraas M, Topham NS, Egleston BL. Preoperative delays in the US Medicare population with breast cancer. J. Clin. Oncol. 2012; 30:4485-4492. PMID: 23169513
- Egleston BL, Miller SM, Meropol NJ. The impact of misclassification due to survey response fatigue on estimation and identifiability of treatment effects. Statistics in Medicine 2011. 30(30):3560-72. PMID: 21953305
- Egleston BL, Cropsey KL, Lazev AB, Heckman CJ. Tutorial on principal stratification-based sensitivity analysis: Application to smoking cessation studies. Clinical Trials. 2010;7(3):286-98. PMID: 20423924
- Egleston BL, Chandler DW, Dorgan JF. Validity of estimating non-SHBG bound testosterone and estradiol from total hormone measurements in boys and girls. Annals of Clinical Biochemistry. 2010;47(Pt 3):233-41. PMID: 20406780
- Egleston BL, Dunbrack RL Jr, Hall MJ. Clinical trials that explicitly exclude gay and lesbian patients. New England Journal of Medicine. 2010;362(11):1054-5. PMID: 20237357
- Egleston BL, Scharfstein DO, MacKenzie E. On estimation of the survivor average causal effect in observational studies when important confounders are missing due to death. Biometrics. 2009;65(2):497-504. PMID: 18759833
- Egleston BL, Wong YN. Sensitivity analysis to investigate the impact of a missing covariate on survival analyses using cancer registry data. Stat Med. 2009;28(10):1498-511. PMID: 19235263