Carolyn Y. Fang, PhD
Office Phone: 215-728-4062
Office: 4th Floor, Young Pavilion
- Psychosocial and behavioral factors associated with cancer prevention, risk management, and survivorship
- Biobehavioral pathways in stress and health, including stress-related immune dysregulation in at-risk and cancer patient populations
- Community-based interventions to reduce cancer health disparities in Asian Americans
Fox Chase Programs
- Fang CY, Boden G, Siu PT, Tseng M. Stressful life events are associated with insulin resistance among Chinese immigrant women in the United States. Preventive Medicine Reports, 2: 563-567, 2015.
- Ma GX, Fang C, Tan Y, Feng Z, Ge S, Nguyen C. Increasing cervical cancer screening among Vietnamese Americans: A community-based intervention trial. J Health Care Poor Underserved, 26(2 Suppl):36-52, 2015.
- Fang CY, Ross EA, Pathak HB, Godwin AK, Tseng M. Acculturative stress and inflammation among Chinese immigrant women. Psychosomatic Medicine, 76(5):320-6, 2014.PMC4164056
- Longacre ML, Wong YN, Fang CY. Caregiver psychological health and hospitalization characteristics of older adult care recipients: An integrative review of U.S. studies. Res Gerontol Nurs, 7(3):139-47, 2014.PMC4138695
- Fang CY, Egleston BL, Ridge JA, Lango MN, Bovbjerg DH, Studts JL, Burtness BA, Einarson MB, Klein-Szanto AJP. Psychosocial functioning and vascular endothelial growth factor in patients with head and neck cancer. Head & Neck, 36: 1113-1119, 2014.PMC4099415
- Wen KY, Fang CY, Ma GX. Breast cancer experience and survivorship among Asian Americans: A systematic review. Journal of Cancer Survivorship, 8(1):94-107, 2014.PMC3945715
- Lango MN, Egleston B, Fang CY, Burtness B, Galloway T, Mehra R, Ebersole B, Li T, Ridge JA. Baseline health perceptions, dysphagia and survival in head and neck cancer. Cancer, 120(6):840-7, 2014.PMC3951722
- Fang CY, Longacre ML, Manne SL, Ridge JA, Lango MN, Burtness BA. (2012). Informational needs of head and neck cancer patients. Health and Technology, 2(1);57-62.PMC3327509
- Longacre ML, Ridge JA, Burtness BA, Galloway TJ, Fang CY. (2012). Psychosocial functioning of caregivers for head and neck cancer patients. Oral Oncology, 48:18-25.PMC3357183
- Fang CY, Reibel DK, Longacre ML, Rosenzweig S, Campbell DE, & Douglas SD. (2010). Enhanced psychosocial well-being following participation in a mindfulness-based stress reduction program is associated with increased natural killer cell activity. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 16(5): 531-538.PMC2921566
- Fang CY, Coups EJ, & Heckman CJ. (2010). Behavioral correlates of HPV vaccine acceptability in the 2007 Health Information National Trends Survey (HINTS). Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention, 19(2): 319–326.PMC2820128.
- Fang CY, Cherry C, Devarajan K, Li T, Malick J, & Daly MB. (2009). A prospective study of quality of life among women undergoing risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy versus gynecologic screening for ovarian cancer. Gynecologic Oncology, 112:594-600.PMC2697574.
- Fang CY, Miller SM, Bovbjerg DH, Bergman C, Edelson MI, Rosenblum NG, Bove BA, Godwin AK, Campbell D, & Douglas SD. (2008). Perceived stress is associated with impaired T-cell response to HPV16 in women with cervical dysplasia. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 35, 87-96.PMC2396791.
- Fang CY, Ma GX, Tan Y, & Chi N. (2007). A multifaceted intervention to increase cervical cancer screening among underserved Korean women. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention, 16, 1298-1302.