High School Science Programs
Academy at Palumbo students participate in Fox Chase Cancer Center's first fruit fly foot-locker program
June 19, 2014, The Pulse
Their advanced placement Biology class was the first to take part in Fox Chase Cancer Center's fruit fly foot-locker program.
Fox Chase Research Faculty - Alphabetical Listing
Our research faculty
Read more »
2015 Call for applications
NOTE: Each student may only apply for acceptance into ONE AND ONLY ONE program location. Duplicate applications will be discarded prior to review.
Immersion Science Health Careers Symposium 2015
May 16, 2015
7 am to 4:30 pm
This one-day, hands-on event gives high school students the opportunity to perform the duties of real health professionals and learn from the scientists, clinicians, and administrators about their career trajectories and the jobs they love.
This event is FREE on a first-come, first-served basis for high school students in grades 9-12. Register online before all the spots are filled!More
The TRIP Initiative
Fox Chase Cancer Center, in partnership with Temple University’s College of Science and Technology, is offering the TRIP Initiative at Temple University, a unique 5-week high school student laboratory training program for select individuals from Philadelphia and the surrounding communities. This no-cost, challenging, highly selective, college-level course is designed to simulate the experience of joining a research laboratory, with a very low student-instructor ratio (4:1). Submit a completed application by no later than midnight Monday, May 4th, 2015.
- Students MUST be 16 years old by June 30th, 2015 to participate.
- Completion of high school Biology and Chemistry courses are required. Students must commit to attend all 5 weeks of this highly competitive program.
- Parental consent is required for student participation (Please see application).
- This Program will run on Tuesdays and Thursdays from July 7th through August 11th, 2015
- Session 1 T/Th mornings from 9 am-12:30 pm
- Session 2 T/Th afternoons from 1:30-5 pm
- Culminating Event: Tuesday August 11th, 2015 from 12 until 5 pm.
All students from both sessions must attend the entire event.
- Students may apply to either one session or to both sessions; however, there is no switching between sessions. If you are accepted to the program, you must attend ALL of the classes of the session that you were assigned.
High School Immersion Science Program
In addition to training postdoctoral fellows and graduate students, Fox Chase Cancer Center has active research education programs for high school students.More