The purpose of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) is to protect human subjects involved in research. After review by the Research Review Committee (RRC), each protocol involving human subjects is initially reviewed by the Board and, if approved, is reviewed on a continuing basis. A progress report and updated consent form are submitted to and reviewed by the Board at least annually and more frequently if needed.
- What is an IRB?
- What Are Clinical Trials?
- Understanding Insurance Coverage in Clinical Trials
- National Cancer Institute: Information on Clinical Trials
- National Cancer Institute: Cancer Topics
- Pamphlet: Becoming a Research Volunteer (PDF)
- Glossary of Clinical Trial Terms
- NIH: Dictionary of Cancer Terms
Links to Regulations
To discuss problems, concerns and/or questions please use the contact information below:
Fox Chase Cancer Center
Institutional Review Board
50 Huntingdon Pike
Rockledge, PA 19046