Board of Associates
What is the Board of Associates?
The Board of Associates is a long standing group of volunteers who support patient care and cancer research at Fox Chase Cancer Center. Since 1965, the Board has grown to include 8 member organizations, which raise money for research and patient care through special projects and events. Over the years, they have raised more than $20 million dollars.
Volunteers are invited to join one of six member organizations made up of 600 volunteers who reside in the five-county area of the Delaware Valley.
- Bucks County Chapter
- Dan's Voice
- Fox Chase Chapter
- Friends of the Hospital of Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Jimbo's Squad
- Main Line Chapter
- Marlyn R. Fein Chapter
For more information or to join a chapter of the Board of Associates, please contact us. Call the Board of Associates Office for further assistance at 215-728-2441.
- August 29, 2015: Marlyn Fein Chapter – Macy's Shop for A Cure
Contact Debbie at 215-552-9216.
- September 26, 2015: Marlyn Fein Chapter trip to Something Rotten
Broadway Show/Bus Trip (New York)
For tickets, contact Harriet Kauffman, 215-969-8366.
- September through January 2016: Marlyn Fein Chapter – Mah Jongg Cards
Contact the Board of Associates at 215-728-2441 or Joyce at 215-886-8670.
- October 3, 2015: Kegs and Corks for David Wiest
The Event Center by Cornerstone, 215-728-2966 New Hope, PA.
- October 18, 2015: Marlyn Fein Chapter Annual Membership Brunch
Philmont Country Club, Huntingdon Valley, PA
For more information, contact Sharyn Litvin, 215-728-4797, Sharyn.Litvin@fccc.edu.
- October 20, 2015: Marlyn Fein Chapter Boscov's Friends Helping Friends
Neshaminy Mall, Bensalem, PA
For information, contact Shirley Bloch, 215-938-1323.
- October 24-November 1, 2015: Marlyn Fein Chapter Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Bahamas Cruise
Leaving from Baltimore, MD. For information, contact Selma Bell, 215-860-3710.
- Saturday-Sunday, November 7-8, 2015: 19th Annual George Bramhall Memorial Art Exhibition & Sale Bucks County Chapter The Event Center by Cornerstone New Hope, PA The Bucks County Chapter of Fox Chase Cancer Center’s Board of Associates will host the 18th Annual George Bramhall Memorial Art Exhibition and Sale featuring works by more than 22 of the region’s finest artists. The event will feature live music, cocktails, catered hors d’oeuvres, and a raffle for an original piece of art. For reservations call Patti Ogiony, 215-833-0187, firstname.lastname@example.org. Free admission and parking for the public event on Sunday. For general information and sponsorship opportunities, visit www.bccfccc.org.
- November 10, 2015: "The Girl on the Train"
Maggio's, Southampton, PA
A discussion of the book by by Paula Hawkins. For information contact Rosemary Shugar, 215-673-6331.
- November through December 2015: Marlyn Fein Chapter – Entertainment Book Sales
PA and NJ (FCCC Cafeteria). Contact the Board of Associates at 215-728-2441
- November through December 24, 2015: Marlyn Fein Chapter – Holiday Gift Wrapping
(Willow Grove Mall) Contact Harriet Kauffman at 215-969-8366
What Do Board of Associate Volunteers Do?
Our wonderful volunteers join together to do many things, including:
- Raise money for research and patient care through special projects and fundraising events. These include our signature events: Paws for the Cause, a dog walk, held in October and A Night in Monte Carlo in the Spring which features casino games, food and drink and a fabulous silent auction. Our chapters organize gala's, craft bazaars, art shows, Broadway show trips, bingo, fashion shows, golf tournaments, cruise trips, seasonal gift wrapping and the Trading Post thrift shop in Paoli, PA.
- Offer the opportunity to make memorial and honor gifts in support of Fox Chase's cancer programs.
- Volunteer in many areas of the hospital.
- Provide educational programs to our communities.
- Conduct student and adult tours of the Fox Chase Campus.
For more information or to join a chapter of the Board of Associates, please contact us at 215-728-2441.
Topics in This Section